Outdoor Education at Camp Summit
Welcome to the Camp Summit Outdoor Education Centre (SOEC) Nestled in the heart of the Upper Squamish Valley, surrounded by glacial peaks and lush forests, the Summit Outdoor Education Centre offers an inspirational setting for your school’s trip. Squamish is the outdoor recreation capital of Canada and is quickly developing a reputation as the premier outdoor education provider for schools in Western Canada.
Since 1999, we have been providing schools with an inviting environment to host programs and events. The Summit Outdoor Education Centre is also home to Camp Summit, a summer camp for children and teens, and to the Summit Outdoor Education Centre hosting programs for private and public schools from across the province.
Our facilities offer an alternative to the classroom – fresh air, a natural setting, beautiful river, valley location, privacy, and an atmosphere conducive to creative thinking. A school trip to Camp Summit is an affordable, fun, and unique getaway from the city. Summit’s goal is to complement the traditional information based classroom style of teaching, by incorporating the outdoor adventure experience. All of our programs focus on encouraging students to grow through cooperation, teamwork and positive leadership. Our customized programs, for all grade levels, inspire confidence in students to embrace challenge and risk in the outdoor environment, within a safe and supportive atmosphere.
Who Do We Work With?
Summit is proud to provide outdoor education to the students of these incredible schools and are honored by their commitment and years spent and continuing to spend at Summit.
- Crofton House School (gr. 8,9,11,12), 12 Years
- Coast Mountain Academy, Squamish, 3 years
- West Point Grey Academy, Vancouver (gr. 3,4,5,6,7), 12 Years
- Southpointe Academy, Tsawwassen, 9 Years
- Collingwood School, West Vancouver (gr. 4-6) 4 Years
- White Rock Christian Academy, 7 Years
- Meadowridge School, Maple Ridge - 12 Years
- Kerrisdale School, Vancouver, 6 Years
- Southridge School, Surrey, 8 Years
- British American School, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 12 Years
- The York School, Toronto, 9 Years
- York House School, Vancouver, 10 Years
And many more.....
Why Take a Trip Outside of the Classroom?
While at Summit Outdoor Education Centre, your students will learn by doing. They will be challenged in a different way than they are in the classroom. They will be asked to look deep within themselves and set aside preconceived notions of their abilities. The result of a trip to Summit Outdoor Education Centre will be truly memorable for the individual and the group as a whole. Building a cohesive class our programs unite students who, in most cases, wouldn't otherwise mix. Our objective is to create a memory your students will hold onto for years to come.
What Type of Programs Do We Offer?
- Class & Grade Specific Trips
- Curriculum Enhancement - Environmental Education
- Team Building Workshops for Sports Teams
- Student Government Leadership Retreats
- University and College Groups
- Dormitory Community Building
- Departmental/Faculty Team Building
- Freshman Wilderness Orientations
- Resident Assistant (RA) Training
- Duke of Education Excursions
Learning through experience in the outdoors can be like discovering a whole new world. Within each and every one of us exists enormous potential for growth and learning. It is not without effort that this can be achieved. Even if you have never tackled a trip of this magnitude, Rest easy! We will make it more than manageable.