Job Opportunities at Camp Summit
We think that working at camp is an amazing opportunity, and are happy that you are considering Camp Summit. Our enthusiastic staff range in age from approximately 18 to 30, which includes our Senior Staff Team, Program Instructors, Counsellors and Resource Staff. We are committed to sourcing and retaining creative, child centered team members.
All of our staff have a strong interest in children and their development, and demonstrate this through their dedicated care of campers and students. Our approach to staffing is to provide as much as we can to each staff members to give them the tools to make a significant and lasting contribution to the experience of each of our campers.
Current Job Openings
We are currently hiring for our Summer and Fall 2017 Seasons! We are fully staffed for Spring 2017.
Want to learn more about joining our team? Click here to view our Staff Information Package and learn more about our available positions.
Camp Summit is still accepting ongoing applications for:
- Assistant Outdoor Education Director (7 month contract, April 1st to October 31st) with opportunity for full-time extension.
- Back Country Coordinator (Spring, Summer or both)
- Waterfront Instructor (NLS Required) (Summer)
- Kitchen Staff X 2 (Fall contracts available)
The applications for Fall 2017 Instructor Positions are ongoing until August, 2017.
How To Apply
Staff Hiring Timeline: We aim to have a hired team by the end of February, 2017. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview. We encourage you to submit your application before the deadline. If you have questions, just contact us!
Individuals who wish to apply for employment at Camp Summit must fill out a Staff Application Form that is appropriate for them (i.e New or Returning Staff). Please send your Application along with your current Resume and Qualifications to Emily Kalil at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
All of our staff must have a current 8 hour Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate. Certifications must remain valid through the entire contract period. Certain program positions may require additional qualifications. Applicants who are offered employment during Spring, Summer or Fall must have a Criminal Record Check done and clear.
Individuals who wish to apply for employment at Camp Summit must fill out a Staff Application Form completely, and mail it or fax with copies (no originals please) of qualifications. Please keep in mind that some of our positions for the Summer may be filled. The hiring process will continue on an individual basis until all positions are filled.
Sample Job Description:
Responsible To: Director of Outdoor Education Centre
Experience - Does this sound like you?:
- Minimum of 19 years of age
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear criminal background check (within 6 months of start date)
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Previous employment at a Summer Camp or Outdoor Education Centre
- Stay positive and thrive under pressure (camp days can be long)
- Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
Specific Duties & Expectations - What would you be doing?
- Facilitate meaningful discussions and group activities, integrating Camp Summit's Program curriculums
- Ensuring camper safety at all times, including assessing risk and implementing the Summit safety protocols
- Planning and leading recreational and education programs
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Think of self as a member of the camp community and act accordingly
- Participate actively in day-to-day camp activities and act as role model to campers at all times
- Ability to deal with emergency (medical, emotional or mental) situations
- Assist other staff in duties whenever needed and help create a staff team that best serves the needs of campers
- Assist with site projects and general site maintenance
- Implement the emergency procedures according to policy
- Communicating any issues to the Directors
- Support conflict resolution and group cohesion
- Having fun!
Why you would love to join our team...
- Be part of a passionat team of high achievers who like to have fun while doing important things
- Opportunities to create planned and spontaneous opportutnies for learning experience
- Work in a beautiful location
- Room and board covered (not to mention delicious meals)
- Activitely enjoy the outdoors every day
Other desired qualifications/certifications for specialty areas:
* = certifications increase daily wages
BC Class 4 Drivers License*
National Lifeguard Service*
Flatwater Canoe Instructor
Challenge Course/Climbing Wall Instructor*
ACMG Top Rope Guide*
Mountain Bike Instructor & Mechanic
Wilderness First Aid (80 hours)*
Post-secondary school degree/diploma